Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Three Day Cupcake

There have been many request for me to post about my recent baking activites. So sorry for the delay.
First of all, I love to bake. I love how exact it is. As a chemistry nerd I love how each ingredent matters as well as small detail. Many hours in the lab and several failed experimnet taught me this lesson.
So it was with great joy on my heart that I looked through my specail cookbook just for cupcakes to find the perfect one to make for small group.
Black forest cupcakes. A devil's food cupcake, rich chocolate glaze, cherry topping, and hand made whip cream. Yum!

I decided to attack these cupcakes in three doses. First I would bake the cupcakes. Second make the glaze and cherry topping and finally the whip cream.

I started on Sunday. We had gone to the H-E-B on Thursday to get the ingredents. The only issue, fresh bing cherries, tis not the session. We decided to try Whole Foods the next day. Sadly Whole Foods was also lacking a cherry shipment. We almost bought can cherries,but Whole Foods does not have that either. Final we found frozen cherries.
The baking began Sunday night. I love baking in Sunday because I am not rushed for time and it is a relaxing actvity. One of our friends bakes a differnt type on cupcake every Sunday and I was inspired by her. I highly recommnend Sunday baking.
I had just mixed the dry ingredients and mixed the butter and brown sugar. Next step add an egg, at room temp and vanilla extrat. I went to the pantry only to discover all of my vanilla had evaporated. So off to the store I went. Sigh. I returned thirty minutes later and the rest of the baking process was very smooth. I stored the cupcakes in an airtight container, borrowed from our baking friend, and called it a night. More to come. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment