Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cupcakes Part Deux

The next day I made the Rich Chocolate Glaze and cherry topping. The glaze was simply heavy cream, corn syrup, and salt brought to a simmer. I then mixed in chopped semisweet Ghirardelli chocolate. Once the glaze had cooled to room temp I spread it over the cupcakes. Luckly there was enough glaze left over that Brian and I enjoyed using the remainder for dunking animal crackers in, our own version of fancy Dunkaroos.

Next the cherry topping. Now the bag of frozen cherries said, "can be used like fresh cherries". So I poured them into the sauce pan and thought here is hopin'. I added sugar and cherry flavored brandy or Kirschwasser. However, because the cherries were frozen there was a lot of excess water. I had to simmer the cherries for a while to try to remove the water and form a syrup out of the liquide. A syrup never formed so I eventually gave up and put it in the fridge hopping it would firm up overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment