Monday, November 23, 2009

Brian's Ice Cream Cake



For my birthday I got a giant cupcake pan. One side is the bottom of the cupcake and the other the icing.

Brian's favorite cake is ice cream cake so I decided to inaugurate my new pan by making him a giant cupcake ice cream cake. The bottom would be the cake and the top ice cream.

I made the bottom by using the devil's food recipe from the previous cupcakes. I baked the bottom. Unlike a normal cake pan the cupcake pan is very deep. It baked for 70 minutes! After cooling the cake I removed it from the pan. I started making this cake Friday night amidst much video and strategy game playing as Brian had three of his best guy friends in town for his birthday.

I made the ice cream the next morning. Brian had graciously gone to the store to get the supplies for the mint chocolate chip ice cream, Brian's fav, the day before. Due to my unintelligible list he came home with mint and chocolate chips instead of mint chocolate chips and peppermint extract instead of mint extract. We went back to the store Saturday morning and grabbed some food for the guys. The poured all the ingredients in to our ice cream maker and added some green food coloring. The ice cream turned out great. I then lined the cake pan with Saran wrap and poured in the ice cream. I placed it in the freezer. I hoped my experiment would work.



For the big day, Sunday, I removed the ice cream from the pan , well Brian yanked it out. I placed it on top of the cake. Brian loved it and I think we have started a new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment