Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cupcakes: The Finale

The final tasks, assembly. First I made some whip cream and folded in the cherry mixture. Instead of forming a nice white cream with ribbons of red and bits of cherries, all of the whip cream turned purple color because of all the excess liquid in the cherries. I placed the purple whip cream dollop on each cupcake. The finished cupcake was a devil's food cupcake with a rich chocolate glaze and cherry whip cream. Despite not being perfectly aesthetically correct the cupcakes tasted amazing, just like a black forest cake.

Picture from the cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. I bet the purple looked good too - very you :). Are you making them for Thanksgiving or do you plan on trying out a new creation for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not thought to make a dessert for Thanksgiving. I will instead be making my great grandmothers cream peas recipe.

    ReplyDelete