Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slow Cooked Korean-Style Short Rib Soup



In love with our slow cooker and how it allows us to create great meals with not a lot of prep we turned to Food Network Kitchens to find a new recipe. I stumbled upon Short ribs. I have always wanted to cook short ribs but never knew how and the Korean flavors and ingreatands looked really good. First I placed the short ribs in the crock pot and then created their braising liquid; chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, Korean red chili paste, sesame oil, garlic, and the white part of green onion. I was excited for dinner even as I made the broth because I know it would be so tasty with all of these flavors.



About 30 minutes before the ribs were done we made the rice noodles and prepared the garnishes which entailed grating carrots, slicing cucumbers, tearing cilantro leaves from stems, cutting the green parts of the onion and slicing limes. We served up a rib still on the bone and served it over noodels with the braising liquid and the garnishes you wanted. The ribs were so tender and the flavors were really rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment