Saturday, October 30, 2010

Apple Oven Pancake


For Halloween weekend I went a little baking crazy. I originally intended to make Brinner one night earlier in the week but it fell through so bright and early Saturday morning I turned to our William and Sonoma Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch Cookbook for the recipe for Apple Oven Pancake.

To begin I peeled and sliced the apples and cooked them in butter and once they are soft I added brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. This is very similar to the start of an apple pie.

I then made up the batter with 4 eggs, milk flour, vanilla and salt. This batter is similar to a pancake batter , which makes sense. I then put the baking dish in the oven for 5 minutes then took it out carefully with potholders (I have burned my hand doing this before). I melted to tablespoons of butter in the hot pan and poured in the fruit and then the batter on top of it. The oven pancake cooked up in an interesting way. The batter rose up the sides and curled over and the middle puffed up. The final product was a thick crepe /apple pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment