Friday, May 7, 2010

Cupcake Mania Part One!



I am excited that I am known for my cupcakes and I think I am getting set up to have a second career and a cupcake baker. In early May there were two big event that required my culinary attention. A "baby-bash", co-ed baby shower, for our good friends Krista and Blake on Saturday and a bridal shower for my co-worker and friend Elizabeth on Sunday For the baby bash a chose to keep it simple because I would be doing a few other things for the party. I picked a simple yellow cupcake and a can of whipped icing. I decorated them with mint chocolate chip and plastic babies.

In order to bake 48 cupcakes for both event, I enlisted the help of my fellow cupcake baker and future business partner, Merida. We baked for two and a half hours straight and finished just in time to head off the the baby bash and have the bridal shower cupcakes in good shape for the next day.



The yellow cupcakes we fairly simple, the normal ingredients. Flour, butter, sugar, eggs,vanilla, ect. The only issue we ran up against was the butter. I usually like to leave it out for a while before I start baking. However. I had just gone to the store and the butter was stone cold hard. As we tried to mix it in it was clumping in a weird way and the cupcake batter looked soupy. We continued to mix and mix and mix. Eventually the batter turned more into a texture that I recognized and we deiced it was finally ok to turn off the miser. Then we filled a plastic bag with the batter cut the end of the bag and pipped the batter into the cupcake tins. It was suppose to make 24 cupcakes but it barely made about 20. With much work we squeezed out enough batter for 22 cupcakes.


We places pink yellow and green mint chips in order to be gender neutral and placed some creepy plastic babies in the middle with their arms reaching up at you. Krista and Blake loved them and it was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment