Sunday, January 24, 2010

Perfect Choclate Cupcake



Brian and I were planning to go on the South Beach Diet in order to lose a little weight and to usher in a healthier life style. Knowing this drastic change to our diet was looming and that I would have to hang up my cupcake crown for a while, I wanted to make a very simple and delicious cupcake. Originally I was going to make these cupcake for our church small group but after a failed trip to the grocery store where I left my wallet at home and had to go back to the store, I decided to save them for the National championship game. Sadly we lost ... but the cupcakes were awesome.


I used bitter sweet chocolate to make a batter that resembled a brownie batter. I then mixed in the flour and coco powder. The cupcake were moist and not too chocolaty. :) Next challenge the butter cream. I had better success with this butter cream but it still turned out to thick and yellow and represented butter with vanilla flavor.

Next icing. I used my pastry bag and flower tip to make tiny rosettes as shown in my cook book. I found I am now a slightly better icer, but it is still tiring and time consuming. In a stroke of genius I invited our friends to ice their own cupcakes. Everyone had fun as they tried their hand at icing and wrestled the pastry bag. This game me a great idea for our next party; make up several pastry bags with different flavors of icing and let everyone have their fun creating their own cupcake creations.

The cupcakes were finished with shaving of milk chocolate and we all enjoyed something sweet in the midst of a bitter defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment